Mothers Day is May 8 this year and is an excellent way to express to our mothers, grandmothers, or mother figures how much we appreciate them. I plan on celebrating my mom along with my brothers in multiple ways. I plan on having a gold and black theme, that’s how I wrapped all the presents, and we have gold plates, I think it’s super cute. So I just thought I’d give some examples of great gifts or things to do to celebrate mothers.
- I got my mom this adorable trench coat from Charming Charlie; it wasn’t planned, but I saw it and knew she had to have it. (Similar)
- I also got my mom this mug from Charming Charlie, The Floral Shop collection. I suggest shopping the collection just because it has a lot of great gifts for mothers or friends. I thought it was a great price and it happened to be my mom’s favorite color and pattern so I’m excited to give it to her.
- The last thing I got my mom was a book by John Piper, who she like adores. I got the book “The Pleasures of God”. The book talks a lot about being satisfied in God, and talks about how we are made for God.
- In the past years, a common gift for my mom for any occasion are pandora charms; she gets them all the time. I like making that a recurring gift because I think gifts you can look forward to are always fun.
- Get your mother-figure flowers! Tulips are always a nice way to go, or daises!
- I think it is always sweet to make your mom breakfast in bed, if you’re younger or have younger siblings.
- Other past years I made my mom something with pictures. In elementary school, I cut up pictures of my family and pasted them to a piece of construction paper and laminated it for her. In middle school, I got a picture of myself and brothers and framed it, and I’m pretty sure it’s still in the kitchen. This is good for sentimental moms.
- Going to a movie with your mom is always a great idea because you get to laugh or cry together & appreciate some quality time. A good movie out at the moment is Mother’s Day.
I hope some of these ideas were helpful, and if you have any other good ones just comment them below!
Also on another note, I just got the app, Poshmark and it is totally the best app ever. It is basically an online consignment store. I suggest you all try it out, and if you do follow me at khale00
Verse of the Week
Jeremiah 17:14: Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; Save me, and I shall be saved, For You are my praise.