Mothers Day is May 8 this year and is an excellent way to express to our mothers, grandmothers, or mother figures how much we appreciate them. I plan on celebrating my mom along with my brothers in multiple ways. I plan on having a gold and black theme, that’s how I wrapped all the presents, and we have gold plates, I think it’s super cute. So I just thought I’d give some examples of great gifts or things to do to celebrate mothers.
- I got my mom this adorable trench coat from Charming Charlie; it wasn’t planned, but I saw it and knew she had to have it. (Similar)
- I also got my mom this mug from Charming Charlie, The Floral Shop collection. I suggest shopping the collection just because it has a lot of great gifts for mothers or friends. I thought it was a great price and it happened to be my mom’s favorite color and pattern so I’m excited to give it to her.
- The last thing I got my mom was a book by John Piper, who she like adores. I got the book “The Pleasures of God”. The book talks a lot about being satisfied in God, and talks about how we are made for God.
- In the past years, a common gift for my mom for any occasion are pandora charms; she gets them all the time. I like making that a recurring gift because I think gifts you can look forward to are always fun.
- Get your mother-figure flowers! Tulips are always a nice way to go, or daises!
- I think it is always sweet to make your mom breakfast in bed, if you’re younger or have younger siblings.
- Other past years I made my mom something with pictures. In elementary school, I cut up pictures of my family and pasted them to a piece of construction paper and laminated it for her. In middle school, I got a picture of myself and brothers and framed it, and I’m pretty sure it’s still in the kitchen. This is good for sentimental moms.
- Going to a movie with your mom is always a great idea because you get to laugh or cry together & appreciate some quality time. A good movie out at the moment is Mother’s Day.
I hope some of these ideas were helpful, and if you have any other good ones just comment them below!
Also on another note, I just got the app, Poshmark and it is totally the best app ever. It is basically an online consignment store. I suggest you all try it out, and if you do follow me at khale00
Verse of the Week
Jeremiah 17:14: Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; Save me, and I shall be saved, For You are my praise.
Water, it’s what our body is made up of and yet we deprive ourselves of it so often. Why drink water when you can drink lemonade, a diet Pepsi, or a Starbucks drink? I think most everybody hears that drinking water is overall the best thing for you, but why is it and what does it do? My mom drinks water all the time and talks about how great it is for you, but I usually just say ok blah blah. I got a bad cold a few weeks ago and was just feeling super groggy, so I took some lemon water to school to drink throughout the day and what do you know? Before lunch even hit I was already feeling more human and less zombie. There are tons of benefits (and maybe some cons) about always drinking water.
- Pro: You honestly feel more awake, I wasn’t expecting it at all. However, it happens!
- Pro: Your skin will thank you 101 times or more. I didn’t even think about my acne before I started drinking water but I rarely even get a zit now. (and when I do I even sweated a whole lot that day with makeup on or didn’t drink water!) AND I feel like I always have a glow when I drink water, it seems more smooth as well.
- Con: I am always thirsty… the more I drink, the less I can go without water. I was actually at school the other day, and I texted my mom asking me to bring back my water bottle I left in the car because I was already thirsty. (She had barely left the parking lot)
I think despite being thirsty more often its beneficial to be constantly drinking water, it just helps keep you hydrated, looking young, and taking care of yourself!
Verse of the Week
Isaiah 40:29 : He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.
Have a fab week!
RAISE YOUR HAND IF YOU MAKE NO MONEY BUT SPEND SO MUCH!! Okay glad we all agree!! Okay, but honestly I babysit for hours make a good amount of cash, but then somehow somebody spent all of it that weekend? Weird!! Through the years of me spending every penny I own on dresses and shoes, I have found ways to help me get the most for my money and how to save the best and I can’t wait to share these tips!!
- RetailMeNot Coupons: This started as a website, but now there’s an app for that! *insert 10,000 memes* I have this app on my phone and use it at least once a week. It doesn’t have every single store out there, but it’s working on it (including online stores)! The deals are actually excellent, and you don’t have to go searching for every single one, they’re all right there!
- Saving: Oh, I know, the most dreadful word in the human language! This is so so hard for me, because hey I just made that $60, I am going to buy that new dress that costs $59, and I saved a whole dollar from what I made right… I mean hey I should have $5 in a few weeks! I started realizing how important it is to save when I was in middle school and desired to go to Uganda. After about two years I kept $700. I had an actual jar in my room and every time I got paid I would insert a few dollars into the pot, sometimes it was a $10 bill, sometimes a $20 bill, really whatever I felt like, but I always put in, at least, $5. Now the time has arisen, I’m going to South Africa, and while it’s not Uganda that’s where I’m spending the saved up money (cause hey it’s the same continent… so whatever).
- Consignment Stores: I know, no teenager or young adult wants to say that their wardrobe comes from a used store, even if its a really cute one. But I am here to say there is no shame in consignment store shopping. (or you can pull my classic move and say ugh, don’t remember or just say where it came from… a lot of consignment stores will say “forever 21” “target” or so on.) If you live in the Raleigh area my two favorite are Uptown Cheapskate or Plato’s Closet
These are just three things I do to make sure I’m actually looking at what I save, hope you find this helpful or can comment on what you do to save money!
Verse of the Day
John 11:25-26: Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”
Have a fabulous week!